The IBP remedial education program addresses the needs of children and adults with attention deficits, learning disabilities, and dyslexia and learning anxieties. It is designed to bring underprepared students to expected competency levels.
Through our battery of assessments, we measure student achievement in various learning disciplines, identify students failing to achieve a basic competency level in these areas, provide teachers with diagnostic information, and identify strengths and weaknesses in order to establish priorities in planning educational programs.
Who would benefit
- Children who are underachieving in school.
- Children with attention deficits, low attention spans and those who are easily distracted.
- Children with language difficulties such as poor spellings, poor comprehension or writing problems.
- Children with difficulties in understanding numerical and mathematical concepts and ideas.
- Children with behavior and adjustment problems resulting from difficulties and failures experienced in school.
We believe that solid skills in reading, written expression and overall organizational ability are fundamental requirements for successful education.
Our focus is to develop independent effective learning skills so that our clients can undertake new learning experiences with confidence.
Our goal is to give every client the skills and self-confidence to take on any learning task or job. To achieve this, strengths and weaknesses are identified, enabling us to teach the client how to learn, and to apply the acquired knowledge to new and challenging situations.
Our Methodology for Remedial Education
a. Initial interview and evaluation:
This helps us determine individual needs and requirements through which we develop an understanding of our client’s past and present difficulties and their current level of achievement. A detailed analysis of this information is used to develop specific approaches and techniques to correct underlying problems. This plan becomes the basis of each client’s individualized program.
b. Diagnostic testing:
Comprehensive testing by a psychologist is available to identify skill deficiencies, processing difficulties, learning problems and strengths. The battery of diagnostic instruments provides information on intelligence, learning style and achievement. It also identifies attention deficit disorder and language / learning disability or dyslexia. After a comprehensive battery, a detailed analytical report with specific recommendations is presented and explained in a follow up meeting. Based on this report and our years of experience, learning styles and teaching strategies are determined.
Our teaching material and resources are constantly updated in order to provide the benefits of latest research and developments to our students.
Specialized materials that improve attention, memory, perception, cognition, comprehension, verbal and language skills are used.
Teachers present the material in a variety of ways, aurally, verbally and kinesthetically. Through these presentations, as well as by tapping into the learner’s interest, students become engaged in the learning process. Our highly trained teachers have enormous experience using this approach and have achieved great success with our students. We also use a wide range of technology based learning tools that not only help sustain the learner’s attention, but also improve cognitive, spatial and reasoning skills.
What makes our remedial education program unique?
- Our teaching staff has professional credentials as well as special education experience.
- Tailored programming and individualized instruction ensures that the needs of each client are met.
- Our warm, yet professional environment helps to take the stress out of learning.
- Our services are offered throughout the school year as well as during summer and winter vacations. This ensures no break in the child’s learning process.
- We offer a highly structured, systematic and multi-sensory teaching approach as well as a wide range of resource people to address all needs of the child.
- We work closely with parents, making them a welcome part of the decision making process regarding their child.